What is 3D Printing?
3D printing is an additive method of manufacturing in which STL or CAD (computer-aided design) files can be printed from a digital format to a physical object by laying down successive layers to build up the object. We offer full colour, multi polymer material 3D printing. Working models with moving parts can be printed in one go thanks to the additive manufacturing technique.
Why Would You Want an Object 3D Printed?
3D printing is commonly used as a form of 3D rapid prototyping. Using 3D rapid prototyping means manufacturing and engineering companies can verify and change designs more often while spending less money and time doing so! The benefit of rapid prototyping is that you can have an end result that works the first time which meets your customers’ demands and overall makes your company more competitive. Rapid prototyping can also be useful in your marketing material and for sales pitches!
Tools and parts are frequently 3D printed and the materials we offer are widely used for these applications.
Would you like to know more about how we can assist you with your 3D Printing and Scanning requirements?
3D printing means you can:
- Prototype ideas quickly
- | Bring projects to life
- | Print in a variety of materials
- | Print geometries that no other technology can
- | Make production tooling and fixtures
Materials we can print your models from include:
- Polyjet – Vero Gray, Vero Pure White, Vero Black Plus, Vero Cyan, Vero Yellow, Vero Magenta, Tango Plus, Tango Black Plus, Rigur
- FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) – ABS M30 Black, White, Grey, Red, Blue, ABS ESD7, PC-10, PC-ISO, PC-ABS, Nylon 12, Ultem 9085 Natural, Black
- PLA (Polylactic acid) – Large amount of options – please call for details
- Onyx, Fibreglass, Carbon Fibre, Nylon, Kevlar, HSHT (High Strength, High Temperature) Fibreglass
Sizes we can print your models:
- In a single print, sizes – UP TO 500mm * 500mm * 750mm (Prints can be joined together and we can vapour smooth ABS prints if needed to enhance surface finish).
Not sure which one is right for you? We’re here to help – Just ask!
Central Scanning offers high quality rapid prototyping and 3D printing services across the UK for a variety of materials. All we need is an .STL file , so we can get onto your 3D printing project quickly. We can take your digital files and print them out in minimal time. We are able to offer you a complete scanning and printing package according to your needs in a variety of materials and sizes.
Central Scanning assists small and big firms to create new three dimensional rapid prototypes within 24 to 48 hours.
We have eight 3D printers in-house:
- Stratasys 400MC FDM
- Stratasys Eden 500v Polyjet
- Stratasys J750 Full Colour, Multi Material
- Stratasys Mojo FDM
- MarkForged Mark2 FDM
- Ultimaker 3 Extended FDM
- Printer McPrintyface – in-house designed and built FDM 3D printer
- Prusa Mk3 i3S